Cleaning and maintenance
How to make your CityOffice furniture comfortable and damage-free for a long time:
- Products must be used in accordance with the purpose they are intended for. Only correct assembly carried out according to instructions included in the assembly manual of the specific product and subsequent sensible operation in conformity with user manual and these guidelines can assure long life of the product;
- We pack our products very carefully, nevertheless the use of sharp tools to open packaging may cause damage to furniture;
- Dents and irregular folds on upholstered furniture are most often caused by packing and transportation. Please wait calmly – the problem is normally gone after no later than a couple of days from unpackin;
- Long life of office furniture is achieved when it is used in an office environment. Please try not to use our products at temperatures lower than 15°C and higher than 30°C. Relative air humidity should be kept between 35% and 70%;
- High temperatures are destructive to furniture. Please do not place or store furniture directly next to heat sources such as radiators. Furniture should be placed at least 1 m away from a heat source;
- Sunlight has a negative impact on the colour of materials furniture is made of. Prolonged exposure of product to direct sunlight may result in local discolouration;
- Solvents and other chemicals as well as hot objects may damage furniture coatings. You can avoid tarnishes, discoloration and distortions by working with such objects and substances away from your furniture;
- Objects with sharp and rough edges may damage furniture. You are advised not to move or place such objects on furniture surface;
- Please use special caution when placing a heavy object on furniture. It may easily damage the surface. Upholstered furniture is particularly prone to deformation and denting;
- Do not stand on furniture or sit on armrests and backrests. It may be dangerous to both yourself and the product! It may cause an accident or damage furniture components;
- Loosened screws are a natural consequence of furniture use. Always act immediately if you notice that a screw has become loose. Please tighten all screws at least once every six months;
- The most comfortable way of moving a piece of furniture is to hold it by its vertical walls. Do not hold by fittings and handles not intended for carrying as you can easily damage the product;
- A desk or table should be lifted by its supporting structure, not by the top;
- Please move fixed furniture by lifting it up – moving it may cause damage to the furniture or floor.
- Before you start moving cabinets please remove their contents and lock doors and drawers;
- At least two people are required to move a piece of fixed furniture unless otherwise stated in assembly manual;
- One person is enough to move a piece of mobile furniture.
- Please exercise special caution when using furniture covered with natural veneer. It should be protected from contact with hot objects and chemicals, and sharp or heavy objects should not be moved on its surface. You are advised to use pads for mouse, keyboard and other heavy objects. In case of liquid spillage on furniture surface please immediately wipe away the liquid with a soft absorbent cloth;
- If you would like to move modular seats forming a set please first detach all components of the set. By moving individual components of a system separately you make sure they stay undamaged;
- A chair is intended to seat only one person (whose weight as prescribed by standards should be no more than 110 kg, for no longer than 8 hours a day) except for the chairs where expressly stated otherwise;
- A sofa should not be used at the same time by more people than is provided for a given model (e.g. a 3-seater sofa must not be used by more than three people at a time);
- As a standard all swivel chairs come equipped with hard, self-locking castors designed for soft surfaces. Castors for hard surfaces are available optionally;
- Please use protective floor mats or get appropriate castors to avoid damaging the floor. The Manufacturer does not bear responsibility for damage to flooring caused by the use of products;
- Repair or replacement of a gas lift can only be carried out by specially trained staff. Do not dismantle, disassemble or heat the gas lift on your own. It may result in damage to the gas lift and oil spillage;
- Most of visitor chairs are stackable. For your own safety please do not stack chairs higher than as provided for in the instructions for the given model enclosed with this warranty.
Curb weight and total weight of a product (including packaging) are indicated on the identification sticker located in an inconspicuous spot on the surface of the furniture.
Please note: damage caused to a piece of furniture as a result of non-observance of these guidelines provides a basis for rejection of any complaints.
Veneer-coated, melamine-coated and lacquered surfaces
Materials used in the manufacture of furniture include natural wood – veneer, as well as wood based materials – melamine coated and raw fine chipboards, lacquered fiber boards and lacquered MDF. These surfaces should be cleaned with a soft, dry or wet fabric, and then wiped dry.
Wood, plastics and chromium plated elements
Please bear in mind that wood is very prone to moisture. Detergents for cleaning wooden surfaces should therefore be mixed with small amounts of warm water. After cleaning furniture surface please wipe it dry. Wood, aluminum and chromium plated elements should be cleaned with generally available non-scratching detergents intended for the specific type of finish.
Glass tops must be cleaned with care detergents for cleaning glass and then polished with a dry, clean cloth.
It is a unique type of fabric. To be kept in excellent condition it must be regularly dusted with a soft brush or dry, clean cloth. Stains should be removed with special agents for cleaning the Alcantara® fabric (for more information please visit www.alcantara.com). In case such agents are not available minor stains can be removed with lukewarm water. For stains insoluble in water lemon juice or ethyl alcohol can be used.
With proper care, leather products can be preserved in perfect condition for many years. Leather should not be wetted, oiled or treated with abrasives. All dirty stains should be removed immediately. First, leather should be cleaned with a cloth slightly moistened in a mild cleaning solution of water and soap. Next, the surface should be wiped dry delicately. Use of vacuum cleaner is not recommended as it may result in scratched surface of leather. If special care agents for leather are used, it is recommended that the effect of the agent should be tested on a piece of leather before cleaning.
To avoid fading of fabric, chairs, armchairs and sofas should always be protected from direct sunlight. All stains must be removed immediately. When removing stains and dirt from upholstery fabric please use a moist cloth soaked in warm water and delicate cleaning liquid and shampoo intended for the particular type of stain on furniture upholstery. It is recommended that the effect of the detergent should be tested on a piece of upholstery in an inconspicuous spot before cleaning. Additionally, fabric upholstery requires regular dusting. Please note: if improperly cleaned, furniture will wear much faster. Non-observance of these maintenance guidelines may provide a basis for rejection of any complaints.